3 Night Épernay Champagne Walk
3 Night Épernay Champagne Walk Ref: 3ECW
2nd Class Rail tickets from Paris Gare de l'Est to Épernay station.
3 nights Parva Domus B&B Chambres d'Hôtes, Épernay
1 x Standard Double Room
Arrival in Épernay, the capital of Champagne wines.Upon arrival make your way to your B&B. After check in the rest of the day is free at leisure for you to relax or explore at your own pace.Included:
- Welcome by Local Representative.
- Delivery of your tour package information and instructions, along with the essentials you will require for your tour to be successful.
- Road Book, Maps and Tourist Information.
- Permanent assistance by local operator in case any problems should arise.
You will start the day with a 1 km ascent on the hills dominating Épernay. Walk through the narrow streets that originally led to the forests via fields and vineyards. The extension of the town built in the 19th Century, integrated these roads to the town. Admire the panoramic view of the town, its bell towers and its vineyards. A breath of fresh air in the region where the ambiance is always sparkling. After the walk, there is a possibility to visit one of the many impressive cellars of the town.
Today we start our day with a walk by the prestigious Avenue de Champagne before starting your climb up Mount Vernon (highest point of the town, 208 mtrs). Admire the headquarters of the major champagne producers on the Avenue de Champagne and think about over 200 million bottles stored beneath your feet. Continue your walk and see the vineyards of Montagne de Reims with the village of Hautvillers on the side of the hill.
Further on, a beautiful panorama of Épernay opens up before you. Upon your return back to the city centre, you will still have some time for an optional Comparative Champagne tasting in a special Champagne bar.
After breakfast in the hotel, you say au revoir to the Champagne region.
2nd Class Rail tickets from Épernay to Paris Gare de l'Est station.
* Upgrade to Hotel Berceaux 3* Standard Room in Épernay.
From: AUD $50.00 per person each way
* Comparative Champagne Tasting (6 different producers) in a Champagne Bar.
From: AUD $125.00 per person
Prices From: AUD $815.00 per person (Based on Twin/Double Share)
* Local City Tax is not included. Prices and availability subject to seasonality.