3 Night Picturesque Bourgogne from Dijon
3 Night Picturesque Bourgogne from Dijon Ref: 3DPB
3 nights Vertigo Hôtel 4* or similar, Dijon
1 x Cocoon Double Room
Continental Breakfast daily
Duration: 1 Hr
In Burgundy, the word Terroir is principally a topographical notion. At the start of the 12th Century monks of the Citeaux Abbey learned how to cultivate a prosperous vineyard where the geological and climatic conditions were most favourable. Their competence was not limited to winemaking since, in the flatlands they also elaborated and still do, a delicious cheese l’Abbaye de Cîteaux. During this workshop you will discover the perfect pairing between a selection of wines and cheeses from local producers.
Join us for a tasty and interesting journey into the heart of Burgundy, its history and terroir!
Duration: 1 Hr
Have you heard of Mixology? The art of concocting cocktails! How to make a flavourful, satiating beverage? What techniques and primary matter does it entail? What is the right combination of flavours? Save your questions for the Cocktail Creation workshop; they will be answered. Accompanied by a bartender-mixologist, in a timeless location, you will elaborate and taste “so local” an elixir that you’ll race to make for your guests at home.
Start Time: 13:30 pm (No wine tasting included)
Duration: Approx. 5 Hrs
Escape through the hilly landscapes of Auxois and along the Burgundy Canal on small back roads. Walk through the medieval town of Semur-en-Auxois, which has remained intact throughout the ages. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the ramparts.
Visit the Abbey of Fontenay, built in the 12th Century and classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Travel to Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, classified as one of “the most beautiful villages in France,” where the film "Chocolat" was shot. Take a gourmet detour to the factory of the famous “Anise of Flavigny” depending on their opening.Highlights
- Escape through the rolling Auxois countryside, along the Burgundy canal and quaint country roads.
- Stroll through the medieval town of Semur-en-Auxois. Stop for patisseries and a spectacular view of the city’s fortress walls.
- Visit the Abbaye de Fontenay (12th century) listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take in the sites of one of “the most beautiful villages in France”, Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, where « Chocolat » was filmed. Drop into the village’s local factory producing « Flavigny aniseed » sweets.
Prices From: AUD $835.00 per person (Based on Twin/Double Share)
* Local City Tax not included. Prices and availability subject to seasonality.