Health & Safety Procedures
COVID-19 Safety Measures – We value your security and wellbeing!
Our European partners and local suppliers have recommenced operations in the last few weeks and are offering many of the popular programs for the remainder of 2020 and into 2021, making Europe accessible again. Whilst acknowledging the current travel bans from Australia, we have actively developed health and safety security measures in partnership with our suppliers, ensuring that our guest’s health and safety are secured when travelling throughout Europe. We are happy to know that our suppliers will still be running the same high standard of service and paying extra attention to each guest’s health, safety and enjoyment. The following measures have been implemented.
River and Ocean Cruises
Our cruise partners have implemented safety measures that ensure the highest standards of passenger care and have demonstrated their total dedication to the health and safety of our guests.
Disinfecting surfaces is one key way to minimise the spread of viruses. Handrails, doorknobs, remote controls, light switches, cabin keys etc., will be disinfected multiple times daily, as well as common toilets. Some vessels will even have air ionisers on board, to guarantee your health is as protected inside as it is outside in the open air. Crew members have been trained on the new procedures and will keep to the highest hygiene standards and social distancing during guests interaction. Staff will wear masks and gloves and use hand sanitisers on a regular basis. Everyday before starting their shift, staff will be required to have their temperature checked and if they have any symptoms arise, they will be required to consult their physician accordingly.
Escorted Programs & Tours
Our escorted tours and independent program partners have ensured us that the health and safety measures put in place are paramount in the running of these programs.
New practices include:
- Vehicles will be sanitised with disinfectant cleaners.
- Drivers will wear masks and gloves.
- Seating capacity in vehicles will be redefined based on the Government directives.
- Baggage loading will be done by the driver, wearing a mask and gloves.
- Disinfectant cleaner will also be guaranteed on board each vehicle.
Our guides, assistants and representatives will all undergo thermal screening before proceeding with any of their daily assignments.
Staff will be taken off duty in case they present with any symptoms.
New protocols include:
- No handshakes will be offered.
- Document kits / welcome packages will be discontinued and will only be offered electronically.
- Some of our suppliers are offering amenities kits, given upon arrival and include a hand sanitiser, faces mask and gloves.
- All hotels included in our programs have undergone preopening procedures and are operating under very strict Government guidelines to ensure the safety of their guests.
- General sanitation procedures have been introduced according to specific Government instructions in each country.
Sightseeing and Tours
Our suppliers have been working on the following new practices:
- Sound systems will be offered during sightseeing and tours, to ensure everybody can hear the guide clearly and enjoy their experience.
- There are recommendations in place that tourists wear a mask and gloves.
- Visits to Museums and Cultural Institutions: Operated in accordance to the general instructions and Government guidelines limiting the number of visitors who can enter the place at any given point in time.
- Food Tours and Market Visits: To be undertaken based on the current Government directives.
- No printed Tickets will be given.
These guidelines have been provided by our various European partners and local suppliers. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office should you have any further questions and rest reassured that we will be here to work with you on the road back to recovery.