Day 3 (Sunday): Postojna - Zagreb
After breakfast, we travel to Postojna, home to one of the largest caves in Europe, Postojna Cave. Tour this fantastic subterranean world by miniature electric train. Afterward, we continue to Zagreb, the capital city of Croatia.
Day 4 (Monday): Zagreb
This morning, enjoy a city tour featuring the historic Upper Town, St Mark’s Church, St. Catherine’s Church, the Cathedral, Parliament and the Government Palace. The rest of the day is free to explore the winding streets of the Old Town.
Day 5 (Tuesday): Plitvice (or Zadar) - Split
Today we travel to spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park. Have your camera ready as you take a walking tour around several of the lower lakes. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of this natural wonder of 16 terraced lakes surrounded by thickly wooded mountains and lush vegetation. *Then we continue our journey to Split.
*If Plitvice Lakes National Park is closed due to winter or weather conditions, we'll head towards Zadar and set out on a walking tour to admire the 16th-century walls built in by Venetians as a defense from the Turks. On to see the 16th century Port Gate where the Venetian lion still stands guard over the entrance, the Square of the Five Wells, Church of St. Donat, the Roman Forum (1st century B.C.) and the largest cathedral in Dalmatia, St. Anastasia.
Day 6 (Wednesday): Split
Enjoy a city tour featuring the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. Finally, see the remnants of Split's Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter's Temple, the Peristyle and the Cathedral.
Day 7 (Thursday): Sarajevo
Today our journey continues to Sarajevo, the capital of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The city of Sarajevo has been influenced by several cultures and civilisations over its long history. On your city tour, visit the Turkish Bazaar Bas Carsija, Husref Bay’s Mosque, the Olympic Stadium, and Gavrilo Princip Museum.
Day 8 (Friday): Dubrovnik
After breakfast, we travel to Dubrovnik.
Day 9 (Saturday): Dubrovnik
Start the day with a walking tour of Old Dubrovnik this morning. Visit the Rector's Palace, and see the Bell Tower Clock, Orlando's Column and Sponza Palace. Next, see the Dominican Monastery and Franciscan Monastery with its Pharmacy, one of the oldest in the world. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore on your own, enjoy the picturesque setting, shop or simply relax.
Day 10 (Sunday): Depart Dubrovnik
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 9 nights' Accommodation in 4* and 5* hotels
- Breakfast daily
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Airport transfers
- Professional English speaking Tour Director throughout
- Licensed local guides
- Entrance fees included in the program: Bled Castle, Postojna Cave, Zagreb's Cathedral, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Diocletian's Palace, Bas Carsija, Husref Bay's Mosque, Gavrilo Princip Museum, Rector's Palace, Franciscan Monastery with its Pharmacy
- Luggage handling at hotels
- Service charges and hotel taxes
Sightseeing Tours Included:
- Bled (Bled Castle)
- Postojna (Postojna Cave)
- Zagreb (Cathedral)
- Plitvice (Plitvice Lakes National Park) or Zadar
- Split (Diocletian’s Palace)
- Sarajevo (Bas Carsija, Husref Bay’s Mosque, Gavrilo Princip Museum)
- Dubrovnik (Rector’s Palace, Franciscan Monastery)
- Hotel extras /telephone, mini bar, etc
- Additional meals
- Travel insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Visa procurement
Hotels (or similar):
- Ljubljana: Hotel Radisson Blu Plaza 4*
- Zagreb: Hotel Westin 5* / Sheraton 5* / Dubrovnik 4*
- Split: Hotel Briig 4*
- Sarajevo: Hotel Europe 5* / Radon Plaza 5*
- Dubrovnik: Hotel Valamar Lacroma 4* / Argosy 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (km)