Day 2 (Wednesday): St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title "The Venice of the North". During the morning sightseeing tour, we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac's Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian "champagne" and snacks.
Day 3 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
After breakfast this morning, enjoy a visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, a visit to the world famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti.
Day 4 (Friday): St. Petersburg - Moscow
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon, we arrive in Moscow and check in at the hotel.
Day 5 (Saturday): Moscow
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil's Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
Day 6 (Sunday): Moscow - Kazan
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700 years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. In the evening, transfer to the Kazanskaya Railway Station and departure with the Tatarstan Premium overnight train bound for Kazan.
Day 7 (Monday): Kazan
In the morning, we arrive to Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan. Located at the mighty Volga River, Kazan is a beautiful thousand year old city, where Christianity and Islam have co-existed peacefully through the centuries. Upon arrival we are transferred to the Hotel, where breakfast is served. The morning and early afternoon, the sightseeing tour allows us to explore Kazan’s rich past and takes us to the old Tatar Quarter, where we visit the city’s oldest stone mosque and Kazan Kremlin, a stone fortress of the 16th century with a perfect panoramic view. We also visit the Kul-Sharif Mosque, one of the largest in Europe, and the Catholic Church of Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
Day 8 (Tuesday): Kazan
This morning offers a visit to the Admiralteyskaya Quarter and the Raifa Monastery. The monastery, located on the bank of a beautiful lake and surrounded by virgin forests and is one of the most beautiful sites in Tatarstan. The monastery has an intriguing history dating back to the 17th century and it is still a functioning monastery today. In the afternoon an optional visit is offered to Iske Kazan (Old Kazan), a fascinating open-air museum located where the capital of the medieval Khanate of Kazan once stood. We visit the museum dominated by a modern reconstruction of the large wooden fortress from time of the Khanate, while an interactive theatrical show with the medieval ruler of the city, the Kazan Khan, and his entourage gives us a further impression of the lives of the people of medieval Kazan.
Day 9 (Wednesday): Kazan
This morning an optional visit to Sviyazhsk is on our program. This scenic little town located an hour’s drive from Kazan at the confluence of the Volga and Sviyaga Rivers has served as a fortress and military base since the 16th century. We visit the Holy Domitian Monastery of Sviyazhsk and the Temple of St. Sergius of Radonezh and enjoy the magnificent panoramic views of the town and the rivers before we return to Kazan. In the evening an optional national cuisine dinner is offered at the Restaurant Tatar Cuisine House.
Day 10 (Thursday): Kazan
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 8 overnights at centrally located 4-star hotels
- 1 overnight on board “Tatarstan Premium” train in 2 berth compartment
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- 1 x boxed dinner on board overnight train
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg, Moscow Kremlin and Kazan Kremlin
- 4 hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine's Palace
- 4 hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace
- 3 hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum
- 4 hour excursion to Admiralteyskaya Quarter and Raifa Monastery
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- A Visit to a folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: $113.00 per person
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti: $87.00 per person
- 3 hour guided channel cruise: $113.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: $43.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow by night tour and river cruise: $87.00 per person
- 8 hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: $139.00 per person
- 4 hour excursion to Iske-Kazan (Old Kazan) with entrance to the museum and fortress and interactive show: $105.00 per person
- 6 hour excursion to Sviyazshsk with entrance to Holy Domitian Monastery and Temple of St. Sergius of Radonezh: $105.00 per person
- National dinner at Restaurant Tatar Cuisine House: $70.00 per person
- Half board (8 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): $426.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- St. Petersburg: Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky 4*
- Moscow: Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya 4*
- Kazan: Hotel Park Inn Kazan 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and escorted tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations.(vh)